Monday, November 23, 2009

Final Thoughts on Twitter

So I've been using Twitter for about a week now. Its fun, its easy, its uncomplicated. I understand how many call Twitter pointless, as its just a simple 140 character sounding board. Its an invitation for inane, dead-end thoughts.

If I had gone the whole week completely unchanged or unimpressed by Twitter, then I would be echoing the Twitter haters. But I think it has concretely improved my connectedness with the world. News organizations Tweet interesting articles I would have missed, bands post concert dates, etc. And I would have missed comedian Mo Rocca's HILARIOUS set of Tweets impersonating Oprah Twittering in real time as she moves from Chicago to Los Angeles. I have to post it here just for laughs. Its comedic genius in "140 characters or less":

  1. Gayle, it's Oprah, please pick up. Whitney came over to help me move. Bitch drove off w/ the UHaul. I need you, Gayle!
  2. Hi, Gayle. Just wanted u to know that Maya Angelou just threw her back out lifting my armoire. Hope ur havin a GREAT dayToo bad you're not there, Gayle. Sasha & Malia wanted to say hi. They just finished unhooking my entertainment center.
  3. "Gayle, I will hunt you down, have Rachael Ray boil you in a stock pot and Dr. Phil eat you! Now pick up the damn PHONE!"
  4. Gayle, pick up the damn phone. Tom & Katie are helping. Even Suri's lifting boxes. Gayle, get your black ass over here!
  5. Gayle? It's Oprah. Pick up the phone, Gayle. Ashton Demi Dr. Oz & James Frey are all helping me move. Don't disappoint me, Gayle.
  6. Oprah moving Chi-LA is logistical nightmare. 1000s of boxes. This is when it sucks to be Oprah's best friend Gayle


Anyway, if used comprehensively, Twitter is quite the helpful aggregate.


No comments:

Post a Comment