Saturday, November 21, 2009

On Twitter

So a little over halfway into my Twitter experiment, I have to admit I really like it. I now constantly have the need to share every random thought that comes into my head. Its a bit addicting. I find myself having to screen my thoughts by saying "Is this Twitter worthy?" And even though I have many more Facebook friends, its much easier to Tweet than it is to update my status on Facebook on my cell phone.

Its an easy two-step process. For example, yesterday I Tweeted atop Talcott Mountain and at an early "late night" concert at The Mill, an arts house on campus. All I did was whip out my phone, find the Tweed application, Tweet my thought, and submit.

A few things I've discovered I can do with Twitter:

1. Establish a sense of place. There is a feature where I can press a 'locate me' button and my phone finds my latitude and longitude. When I submit my tweet, it displays a link that goes to my location on Google Maps. I feel like establishing a sense of place is a very authentic experience.

2. Keep up with things I would have missed. I follow 'Bantam Sports', and I just found out that Trinity hockey won against Hamilton.

3. Get a quick, accurate look into peoples thoughts. Trending topics are really interesting to me. Tracking what thousands of people are thinking helps me feel more connected to society, as cheesy as that sounds.

I'll keep updating this list as I use Twitter more.

No comments:

Post a Comment